Wade T. Brooks
Learn more about the Willamette MBA Angel Fund
Entrepreneurship is about vision, passion and assessing your resources and skills. You discover a problem that needs to be solved, you gather your resources and put your considerable force of will behind your convictions. It also helps to know something about business.
Wade is a serial entrepreneur with a passion for startups, technology and education. His mission is to help make entrepreneurs.
He is currently the Executive Director of the Willamette University Angel Investment Fund and a Contributing Assistant Professor.
Wade co-founded the Willamette University Angel Investment Fund, the first graduate school angel fund in the world. His accompanying class has been ranked by Inc. Magazine as one of the "Top 10 Best Entrepreneurship Courses in the Nation," and provides experiential learning for MBA students in effectuation, due diligence and angel investing. In addition to running the angel fund, he teaches entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial finance, new venture launch, and venture investing.
He began his career during his undergraduate studies when in 1989 he launched a technology startup. With less than $1,000 he built the first Apple Computer value added reseller in the U.S. After six years of rapid growth the company was acquired. In 1999 he became the CEO of a startup e-commerce and web development company where he led two successful financing rounds and the sale of the business in 2001.
Wade has a BS and MBA with honors from Willamette University and executive education and management training from Harvard Business School.
- M.B.A., Willamette University
- B.A., Willamette University
Areas of Interest
- Entrepreneurship and early stage investment finance.
- Strategic direction and opportunity development.
- Financial management and modeling.
- Revenue identification and new market development.
- Technology trends and positioning.
- Business plan development, investor presentations and fundraising.
- Exit strategies and business transfers.
Class Topics Covered
- Entrepreneurship and Effectuation
- New Venture Creation
- Venture and Angel Finance
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Early Stage Management and Growth
- Owner/Operator Ethics
- Sales and Sales Management