Check below for up-to-date descriptions and details. At any point, feel free to email Jim Booth with inquiries!
May 16-27, 2015
We are finally offering an opportunity to visit Portugal! This river cruise will provide the best in comfort, while we visit historic Lisbon and the spectacular Douro River wine country. Meaning ‘River of Gold’ and now designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Douro will provide a path along graceful terraced vineyards as we glide upriver to Salamanca, Spain, another of 5 UNESCO Sites we will visit on this trip.
Included highlights will feature nine sightseeing tours plus Cultural Connections, 26 meals (wine, beer and soft drinks with dinner), free wi-fi, and the intimate, outside staterooms of the four-star ms Douro Spirit. In addition, our tour operator, Vantage Deluxe World Travel, offers a pre-trip to Madeira, Portugal and/or a post-trip to Barcelona, Spain. This is the prime time to visit Portugal, so we expect this trip to sell out. Contact Jim Booth at 503-910-3192 or email@example.com to secure your spot, or deposit directly with Cheryl (617-878-6119) or Patrick (617-878-6109) at Vantage.
- Cost begins at $3,299 per person, not including air or port charges of $147. Air from NY is $1,649 and Portland $1,999 (includes all taxes and transfers). 10% discount for pre-payment before May 15, 2014; lower % thereafter.
- Deposit: $500 per person (can pay by credit card directly to Vantage Travel).
- Final payment due: February 16, 2015
- Activity level: Light to moderate
- Group size: 24
- Trip host: Jim Booth ‘64
October 16-25, 2015
Join us for a special journey through the history, mystery and charm of Japan in commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the sister university exchange relationship between Willamette and Tokyo International University. Discover an amazing variety of places from modern Tokyo, Kawagoe (known as "Little Edo," it is the sister city to Salem, Oregon and home of TIU), the peaceful countryside of Takayama and the timeless ancient capital of Kyoto with its thousands of shrines and temples.
Destinations include Tokyo, Kawagoe, Hakone, Takayama, Shirakawago, Kanazawa and Kyoto. Included highlights will feature sightseeing tours, an English speaking guide, economy reserved train seats, 15 meals and much more. Our tour operator, Imperial Asia Tours, specializes in deluxe Asian tours. This is a once in a lifetime trip and we expect it to sell out. Book directly through Vick Travel, our Salem-based agent -- contact Cori Duda at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 417-7818.
- Cost per person is $3,955 in twin-share/double ($945 single supplement)
- Deposit: $500 per person due by March 31, 2015 (pay by check directly to Vick Travel)
- Final payment due: August 3, 2015
- Activity level: moderate
- Group size: 25
- Trip host: James Lippincott