The Conference of the Birds
September 26 – October 12, 2013
- Stage version by Jean-Claude Carrière and Peter Brook
- Based on the poem by Farid ud-din Attar
- Guest Director: Shana Cooper
- Preview: September 26, 7:30 p.m.
- Runs: September 27 – October 12
- Evening Performances: Thursday-Saturday, 7:30 p.m.
- Matinees: September 29, October 5 and 12, 2:00 p.m.
A theatrical adventure soars in this poignant 12th-century Persian fable about the search for the divine. "The New York Times" says, "The play is a flying carpet gliding us aloft into a land of mystery, splendor, and ritual." "Newsweek" says the play is a "Brilliant work that challenges most of our ideas of what theatre is, ought to be, and can do. This exquisite piece represents the perfection of Brook's work."