University Protocol for Response to Mice
Field mice, or voles, are native to the Willamette Valley and are typically seen in the late summer and early fall or early spring.
If a mouse is spotted in a room/apartment or residential common area do the following immediately:
- Submit a Facilities Maintenance work order to notify staff of the location where the mouse was spotted.
- Notify your CM that you have spotted a mouse and put in a work order.
- Pick up traps from your Residence Life staff member or from the Service Center.
- Clean your room/apartment, putting all food in sealed containers (e.g. cookie tins or heavy Rubbermaid containers with tight fitting lids) and keeping beverages closed. Take cans and bottles to the recycling area. Don’t let your room become party central!
- Keep your room/apartment “nest free.” Mice like piles of clothes (clean or dirty).
- Facilities Management posts the residence to notify students that snap traps will be delivered to each room. Traps are placed out of sight (under desks or beds usually since mice typically travel along the walls).
- When a mouse is trapped, call 503-370-6003 (M-F, 7:30-4:00) to request to have the mouse disposed of.
- After hours and on weekends, call Campus Safety (503-370-6911) who will contact an after hours/weekend staff member to pick up the mouse and bring another trap.
- If a student elects to dispose of a mouse on their own, they should use rubber gloves. Residence Life staff members will provide them with traps. Gloves and extra traps are available in the Service Center as well as from your CM.
- The University’s pest control contractor will place bait stations outside of campus buildings.
- Do not put out poison. Mice will crawl into the walls and die, creating other problems (including noxious odors!).