Spring Break Robotics and Computer Game Design
March 23 - March 27, 2015 - Openings still exist in beginning and advanced robotics. Contact Christine to be placed on the waiting list for Computer Game Design.
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Olin Science Center
- Beginning Robotics. Design, build and program a robot to race, 'sumo' wrestle, dance, and play songs which you compose. Learn and use the Lego Mindstorms robots. Practice and learn computer programming.
- Advanced Robotics. Engineer robots for specific environmental conditions. Program more complex robotic movements, design solutions to problems, build, program, test and revise your solutions. Beginning Robotics is the prerequisite for Advanced Robotics. Exceptions are granted on a case by case basis. Contact Christine for more information regarding exceptions.
- Underwater robotics. Explore advanced engineering and programming concepts. Learn to build and program a remotely operated underwater vehicle. Robots get wet; students do not. Advanced Robotics is the prerequisite for Underwater Robotics. Exceptions are granted on a case by case basis. Contact Christine for more information regarding exceptions.
- Computer Game Design. Design animated, third-person perspective video games. Learn computer programming using Scratch and/or GameMaker software. Create and share your own computer game.
Who can sign up?
4th - 9th grade boys and girls who are interested in robotics, engineering, computer programming. Do you love Legos and wish you could spend all day building with Legos? These classes are for you. Join other curious and creative, intelligent 4th - 9th grade students who like to spend time with similar youth designing solutions to engineering and programming problems. Classes are kept small, 15 students maximum.
Who teaches the program?
Enthusiastic college and high school students with robotics and computer programming experience.
When do the courses meet?
- Beginning robotics. Monday, March 23, Tuesday, March 24 9 am - 4 pm, and Wednesday, March 25, 9 am - noon.
- Advanced robotics. Wednesday, March 25, 1 pm - 4 pm, Thursday, March 26 and Friday, March 27, 9 am - 4 pm.
- Underwater robotics. Monday, March 23 - Friday, March 27, 9 am - 4 pm.
- Computer Game Design, Session 1: Monday, March 23, Tuesday, March 24 9 am - 4 pm, and Wednesday, March 25, 9 am - noon.
- Computer Game Design, Session 2: Wednesday, March 25, 1 pm - 4 pm, Thursday, March 26 and Friday, March 27, 9 am - 4 pm.
What is the cost?
- Beginning Robotics: $100 per student
- Advanced robotics: $100 per student
- Computer Game Design: $100 per student
- Underwater robotics: $200 per student
Registration opens February 16, 2015.
Registration deadline is March 17, 2015. If you are unable to register online it means the class is full or the registration deadline has passed. Should you wish to add your name to the waiting list, please email, email@example.com or telephone, 503-370-6513, Christine Speak.
To register by mail, download and print the registration form and the liability release form, English or Spanish. Read, complete and mail both the registration and the liability release form with your check made out to Willamette University, to:
Youth Programs Coordinator
900 State Street
Salem, OR 97301
Please contact 503-370-6513 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Scholarships are available when tuition revenue allows. Contact Christine Speak regarding scholarship availability and application procedures.
Like us on facebook!