What are resolutions?
A resolution is a written motion adopted by a legislative body. They can come from Senators, ASWU officers or any student. Resolutions generally convey a stance or suggestion, and specified audience that needs to hear that stance. Resolutions adopted by the ASWU Senate must have a simply majority vote among the Senators. Below is a collection of resolutions passed during this academic year, as well as those from the 2008-2009 school year.
2012 - 2013
- Combat Confusion Act
- Senate Community Service Bill
- Blitz the Bearcat Stipend Act
- A Bill to Encourage Debt Accountability
- Oregon Coal Resolution
- Halloween Costumes Resolution
- Haiti Resolution
- Good Luck President Pelton Resolution
- Welcome Interim President Large