The Office of Student Affairs (OSA) provides comprehensive support for law students. This office is where students conduct most of their daily business -- turning in Legal Research and Writing assignments, registering for classes, scheduling rooms for student organization events, and rescheduling examinations -- just to name a few. The OSA also oversees registration for law courses, administering examinations, and Commencement in the spring.
Exam Reschedule Forms and Laptop Sign-ups are Available at the OSA on Nov. 16th.
- If you need to reschedule an exam due to a conflict (2 exams in one business day, or 3 exams in 3 consecutive business days), please stop by the OSA to fill out an Exam Reschedule form.
- Exam Reschedule forms are due by 4pm on Friday, Nov. 20th.
- Laptop sign-ups are on a first come, first serve basis.
Online Course Evaluations
- Please complete your online course evaluation by Friday, November 20th at 4:00 p.m.
- Students must be on campus and connected to the University wifi for the evaluation to submit properly.
- After all evaluations are completed, students will be able to see their Fall 2015 exam numbers on JASON.
Spring 2016 Registration
- We expect to have the Spring 2016 registration materials circulated to students and posted online by the end of October.
- Registration for 1Ls will be Tues, Nov. 3rd.
- 1Ls will only be selecting their Spring elective. All other required 1L courses will be assigned by the OSA.
- Registration for 3Ls will be Wed, Nov. 4th.
- Registration for 2Ls will be Thurs, Nov. 5th.
- Open registration for 2/3Ls will be Fri, Nov. 6th through Mon, Nov. 9th, and will close at 12:00 noon.
- The week of Nov. 9th will be Lottery Week for limited enrollment courses.
- Upper division students must get their registration/waitlist selections in by 12:00 noon on Nov. 9th to participate in the lotteries for limited enrollment courses.
- LLM and MLS students will not be registering online, but rather will turn in paper registration forms into the OSA upon meeting with their advisors.
- Students who are academic probation must meet with Dean Santos to have their schedules approved prior to registration.
- Willamette has launched a new website and we ask for your patience while we're still working out some of the links and kinks.
Class Attendance Tracking
The attendance tracking in JASON is recorded weekly as we receive attendance sheets from the faculty; however, it is ultimately the student's responsibility to track attendance, as reporting in JASON may not always be up to date.
If you find a discrepancy in the records (for example, if you were marked absent on a day that you were in class), email or contact the professor to ask them to notify the OSA to correct the attendance date in question. We can only make a correction if the request is from the Professor. If you know you were absent on a certain date, but JASON doesn't reflect it, please contact either the professor or the OSA to see if the attendance sheets have been turned in for the class in question.
OSA Notary Policy Change
Effective July 1, 2013, the OSA notary services are limited to WUCL students and graduates for purposes of application to state bar examinations.