Wade T. Brooks
Learn more about the Willamette MBA Angel Fund
Entrepreneurship is about vision, passion and assessing your resources and skills. You discover a problem that needs to be solved, you gather your resources and put your considerable force of will behind your convictions. It also helps to know something about business.
Wade is a serial entrepreneur with a passion for startups, technology and education. His mission is to make entrepreneurs.
Wade began his career during his undergraduate studies when he created his first startup. With less than a $1,000 investment he built a business that became the first Apple Computer value added reseller (VAR) in the US. After six years of rapid growth he sold the company to a competitor. Over the next ten years he held numerous executive management positions in technology and finance companies. In 1999 he was recruited to be the CEO of a startup ecommerce company where he led two successful financing rounds and the sale of the company in 2001.
Wade is a mentor in Nike TechStars, Portland Incubator Experience (W+K, Nike, Google, Coca Cola), The Portland Seed Fund, SURF Incubator (Seattle) and is an advisor and board member for numerous early stage companies.
Wade retired at the age of 37 and backpacked throughout the third world from Mt. Everest in Nepal to the Bay Islands of Honduras. He is a Certified Rescue Scuba Diver, Eagle Scout, and vegetarian.
Wade has a BS and MBA from Willamette University and completed the Advanced Financial Management Program at Harvard Business School. He is a co-founder of the Willamette MBA Angel Fund and the Executive Director of that fund.
- M.B.A., Willamette University
- B.A., Willamette University
Areas of Interest
- Entrepreneurship and early stage investment finance.
- Strategic direction and opportunity development.
- Financial management and modeling.
- Revenue identification and new market development.
- Technology trends and positioning.
- Business plan development, investor presentations and fundraising.
- Exit strategies and business transfers.
Class Topics Covered
- Entrepreneurship and Effectuation
- New Venture Creation
- Venture and Angel Finance
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Early Stage Management and Growth
- Owner/Operator Ethics
- Sales and Sales Management