Willamette officially launched Workday as its new Human Resource Information System (HRIS) on July 10. Faculty, staff and student employees have already had the opportunity to log in and explore the many resources available, record hours and request time off. All employees are encouraged to log in to get familiar with the new system, verify personal information and review benefits.
The launch of Workday is the culmination of a multi-year process to update Willamette’s HRIS. Workday replaces JASON as the university’s system of record for human resources and payroll processes. Employees should expect to see notifications directly from Workday (sent from email@example.com). Supervisors are encouraged to log in and review requests for vacations, approvals and other alerts on a daily basis.
Salaried employees remain on a monthly pay calendar. All hourly employees have moved to a biweekly pay schedule, and the 2017 Pay Calendar is available online. This calendar includes a list of pay periods, time submission deadlines and paydays.
Thank you to everyone who made the transition to Workday a success. Additional FAQs and details are listed below and available online.
How do I log into Workday?
You can access Workday many ways, including through the direct web address workday.willamette.edu, from the WU Portal, on the Willamette Faculty and Staff page (just click the link on the top left corner of the Willamette website), on Human Resources’ homepage or on the Human Resources’ Workday page. You will login to Workday using your current Willamette credentials (username and password). If you are not already logged in, the single sign-on login screen will look like this:
How do I record time in Workday?
Once you are logged into Workday, you will open the Time Worklet by clicking on this icon:
Once in the Time Worklet, you will have two options for recording time:
- You can “check in” and “check out” using the Time Clock in real time; OR
- You can record your time in Workday at the end of the workday or workweek. We strongly encourage you to record your time on at least a daily basis.
If you have questions about which option to use, please ask your supervisor.
Here are links to short videos and written job aids with step-by-step instructions on each option for recording and submitting time:
If you run into challenges when logging in or recording your time in Workday, please know that Human Resources and Payroll will be here to assist you, work through any challenges, and ensure your time is accurately recorded and paid.
As a reminder, please review the 2017 Pay Calendar, which provides the bi-weekly pay schedule, including pay periods, time submission deadlines, and paydays.
How do I get assistance if I have questions?
If you need assistance with Workday:
- Review the Training Resources for Workday help website
- Complete a Workday Help Request (Google form)
- Email Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Human Resources: 503-370-6210
- Call Payroll for Time Recording and Submission Questions: 503-370-6188
- Visit the Human Resources or Payroll offices in the University Services Building
- Join a Workday open lab session to get direct help with specific questions and processes - a calendar is available online