Ecuador Summer Language Program 2013
Dates for 2013: June 3 - July 13, 2013.
Offered every summer. You must complete at least ONE YEAR (SPAN 131, 132) of college level Spanish prior to the start of this program.
The intensive Spanish study program in Ecuador is located in the capital city of Quito, high in the equatorial Andes. Students live with host families (including full meals and laundry) and participate in excursions throughout Ecuador (Otavalo, the beach, the jungle). Students take intensive language courses at ACLAS- Andean Center for Latin American Studies.
Completed applications must be received at the Office of International Education by 4 p.m. on November 30, 2012. Students must use the common study abroad application to apply. Completed application includes the following materials: common application, study abroad statement, transcript request form, faculty recommendation, personal recommendation, advisor form, and language assessment form.
WU Credit: Earn 2.0 WU Spanish language credits at the 200 (SPAN 231, 232) or 300 (SPAN 390, 391) level. You must complete at least ONE YEAR (SPAN 131, 132) of college level Spanish prior to the start of this program.
- Instructor: Marc Zollinger, Spanish Department
- Program Cost: Based on a minimum of 15 participants, approximately $4,900 (includes tuition, full room and board, excursions, onsite support, medical insurance and more). Airfare to and from Ecuador IS NOT included in the program cost. Textbooks are also NOT included in the program cost. Students will be directed about textbooks to buy after selection in the program.
- Special notes: Students selected MUST be able to travel to Quito on Saturday, June 1, 2013 (no earlier, no later). Students selected will be given specific instructions on when to arrive (time of day), so please do not book tickets until AFTER the first orientation in spring 2013.
- Monday, October 29th at 7 p.m. in Matthews 114 AND Wednesday, November 7th at 4 p.m. in the World Languages Studio (Ford Hall, 1st floor).
- Contact email@example.com (WU Office of International Education) with questions or for more information